• I know I haven’t written in a while – sorry to my four readers!
• I know that our second Competition was better then our first. Our Dance Team did extraordinarily well! In our small school category we had the runner up in the solo division, the winner of the duet division, runner up in the duet division, winner of the small ensemble, winner and runner up in the medium ensemble, winner and choreography and precision trophy for our officer routine and a bunch of team awards! It was an exciting weekend – one in which I hope they saw the fruits of all the hours of hard work. I couldn’t be more proud!
• I know that I have been worried about my Mom lately. She went back to Ohio for the first time since my Grandma passed away. She was heading back to celebrate my Grandpa’s 90 Birthday! But days before her trip we got the news that my great Uncle George (my Grandpa’s younger brother) died suddenly. So her trip was now a day a combination of a funeral and a birthday party. I know that family stress and grief was high and I just ask for prayers for my family. I am not sure what my Grandpa is going to do now – his brother lived down the street – they did so much together. With both my G-ma and Uncle George gone, I ask for prayers for him.
• I know that to celebrate the end of January and the stupid M&M fast – Shane and I bought a bag of peanut butter M&Ms for the Super Bowl.
• I know my awesome brother just bough his first house with Kelly and Ireland! I am so happy for them! I remember the euphoria feeling we had when we bought our house. It feels great to set down roots and start your traditions. Congrats family!
• I know it is time to take this “Destination Wedding” seriously! Time to start actually monitoring my food intake.
• I know that weekends go too fast and are always way too full! I can’t believe it is Sunday night, past my bed time! Not quite ready for Monday yet.
I will leave you with a quote for Monday;
“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.”